Monday, April 20, 2009

Extra Extra, Read All About It...

Well there has been a lot going on lately and I thought I'd cram it all in to one post

First off, I am graduating this week! Can you believe it? From college! Whooohoo! I made it. I will be receiving my Bachelor's Degree in Speech Language Pathology. This is very exciting. I'm so excited for my parents to come up and support me in this big achievement. The other news is I will be attending the University of Utah in the fall to start my Master's program. Yes, I know I feel like a traitor to my Cougars at the Y and my husband who is true blue, but my heart will always be at the Y where I spent four years and made so many memories.


Another exciting change happening is Landon and I will be moving out of our first home into a different apartment for the summer. The move shouldn't be too bad since school will be out. We are going to be moving to my Aunt Kirsti's basement apartment. The complex we're in now is bumping up our rent to a ridiculous amount and rent at Kirsti's place will save us a lot of much needed money. We're excited and looking forward to another place to call home.


This weekend I had the great opportunity to fly home for my best friend's wedding. Angie was married to Mike Draughon on Saturday April 18th! And luckily I was able to be there for the sealing. I've only been married for a short time so it was especially neat for me to get a refresher and reminder of what covenants I made not too long ago. The temple is a beautiful place and I am so proud of Angie! She made such a beautiful bride. The reception was beautiful and the food was delicious. Congrats Angie and Mike, wish Landon and I were around to play married couples with you! haha

Next thing on the list, My other best friend Dani Hancock got engaged not too long ago. It is so fun for us three musketeers to all be getting married within 6 months of each other! I guess we all decided to grow up and get married together. It's so fun and they have been the best friends ever to me! I am so lucky to have them. We're excited for another wedding to happen in Sept. Here's a picture of us and our different rings. Crazy how such different girls can be the best of friends!


When I was home, I got to spend what little time I did have with my family. I got to go watch my little brother Reece play volleyball. He's on the high school varsity team and plays! He's a true athlete because he's never played volleyball before, and decided to play and he's awesome! It was fun to watch how much fun they have! They won a lot of games and I was proud to be there! GO REECE!


Kasey and Danny went away for the weekend but I got to see them for a whole 2 hours before I left. Cooper was in bed, but Cole was awake and as happy as ever. Kasey calls him her "Angel". He is such a sweet baby, and I hate that I don't get to be there to watch him grow. He's getting cuter and cuter. Landon and I definitely have a lot to live up to when it comes to having cute kids! I love my sister and miss her all the time!

3 comments:

  1. that was a great update. I can't wait to see you again this weekend. Love ya MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you told me about your blog!So fun looking at your pictures. You are darling! One of my friends made a post about me getting engaged(with pictures YOU took...?? haha), so I decided I should probably just make my own post.

    But now I'm just lookin at all of my friends' blogs...Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Court,
    It looks like you had a fun trip home. We need to hangout I miss you!

    ReplyDelete